October 18, 2018
A wonderful interview with Debbie Wuthnow, the Executive Director of iVoterGuide.com
While it’s easy for most people to follow along with the top stories and the names in the headlines, it can be a daunting task to keep track of which Senate and House seats, Governor’s races, and state legislative positions are up for grabs.
iVoterGuide keeps track of these critically important races across the U.S. at many levels. With less than 30 days until the November 2018 general election — and with early voting having begun in 25 states — it is no exaggeration for us to say that this election will make or break the future for our families and freedoms.
Here’s what’s at stake:
1) The party of the President almost always loses seats in the midterm election. In four out of five recent midterm elections, the opposing party made huge gains. In 2018, with the more conservative party having control of the White House and both houses of Congress, the importance of conservative turnout can almost not be overstated. People of faith need to turn out in record numbers. So much hangs in the balance. We all must do our part – and then we must trust God with the rest.
2) If the Left wrests control over the U.S. House of Representatives, they will almost certainly attempt to make good on threats of impeaching the President — raising the stakes for retaining the balance of power in the House.
3) If the liberals gain control of the Senate, we will loose the momentum we’ve made in judicial appointments — momentum that could one day protect religious liberty in our public schools and reverse Roe v. Wade. We all know that at least one U.S. Supreme Court seat is at stake, but did you know that the balance of power throughout the circuit courts also rides on the outcome of Election 2018? Take a look at the research that shows what the Courts will look like in 2024 if the Left takes control vs. what it will look like if the Right keeps control of appointments and confirmations.
4) Many of the state legislators elected in 2018 will be governing during the 2020 census and redistricting process. More than 80% of elections are decided in the primaries because of gerrymandering, and the party in control of the state legislatures at that time will affect votes more than a decade to come.
So, how can you impact the outcome of the election?
* Fully participate in and be a good steward of our right to vote. Knowledge is power, and learning who and what is on your ballot is incumbent upon you as a citizen.
* Share the truth, in love, with other believers. iVoterGuide provides an easy-to-share platform for you to help other God-fearing Americans know where the candidates stand on the issues important to people of faith.
* Be salt and light to those who don’t have the same foundations as you do but who are willing to listen and engage. iVoterGuide works hard every day to provide data so you can share the facts with confidence and in a way that convinces — rather than intimates or frightens — voters of many backgrounds, beliefs, and ways of life.
iVoterGuide doesn’t tell anyone who to vote for. We just present the facts so people can compare the candidates side-by-side, based upon what they do — not just what they say they’ll do. We’re looking for candidates who won’t just say what they’ll do, but will go out there and do what they say! We call it “walking-the-talk,” and it’s the basis for our only annual fundraising event, the Walk-the-Talk Awards.
The event takes places in Dallas, Texas on October 23, and if any of you are in the area, we’d love for you to join us as we honor some Texas legislators who not only campaigned as conservatives, but went on to govern on those same principles.
Even if you’re not close geographically, you can be a part of this immense effort by contributing or sponsoring a table. We are covering 1,000 races in all 50 states, and all of our work is made possible by your giving and God’s faithfulness.
As the voices on each side of our national debate dominate the headlines, we hope you will take this opportunity to see not only what’s at stake but also what’s possible when the people of God pray, share, and turn out to vote.
#voters #ivoterguide #informedradio #debbiewuthnow #midtermelections #election2018